i'm considering that a week

off.  I wasn't babysitting and I guess I just decided not to blog while I was at it.

I've been researching bookcase styling lately.  Riveting, I know.  That's one thing they didn't teach us when I took Interior Design, how to arrange things on shelves.  I learned about color and furniture placement to create a good mood and flow, but how do I put my stuff on a bookcase without it looking jumbled?  In the process of that, I've decided the artwork on the walls needs a rotation.  I've been getting tired of looking at the drawing I did of the wine and biscuits hanging at the dining table.  Besides, it doesn't even match anything anymore.  You know what it does match?  The blue bookcase, which needs styling.


My plan is to hang it over the bookcase and try to figure out how to combine art with photos for a gallery wall, another thing I've been researching.


The painting that Dodo gave me is hanging at the dining table now.


I was going to hang the bird picture there because I was tired of looking at it over the fireplace, but Cosme said he likes the bird picture.  I left it over the fireplace and I'm fine with that because it's just one less thing worry about.


I was also looking at this Westminster print he brought back from England.  This was right after I decided I wanted art and/or home stuff as souvenirs.


I went through my portfolio over the weekend and decided I want to see how this drawing looks framed and hanging under the Westminster print.


I know it's nothing great and just a study, but it's still something I did.  Imagine it right there, under the print.  I'd buy another of that frame but maybe matted with white?  It might look terrible but I'll see anyway.


I also pulled this thing out again and wondered if there is somewhere it could go.


I don't know.  I'm starting to think it might look like I have too much hanging on the walls.  Oh, that's another thing I've been researching: maximalist decor.

So, I started going through my portfolio and few hours later, Eric and Paige came by to get the keys they left here.  They told me they saw the drawing I did that's hanging in Dad's office and that it was good.  When they mentioned DC, I said I thought it had gone to a contest at the state Capitol.  I looked in my scrapbook and I was wrong.  I also saw other letters of praise, along with my induction into the National Art Honor Society.  Then I got a little... not bummed out but maybe a few steps before that and thought that I might need to get back with the program.  Not by getting back into high school art programs or art school, but by dusting off a drawing utensil or something.  I know it's easier said than done because, well, I stay kind of busy, but maybe do what I can whenever I can.  Maybe I can start by making myself at least take some pictures.  That's another thing I've just been kind of meh about lately.  It's not that I don't want to but when I have free time, I just find myself doing other things.

The Museum of Fine Arts has a Van Gogh exhibit that started last week that I'm determined to go check out.  It's got some fun interactive photo ops that I would definitely do but it's also got some of Van Gogh's work that has never left Amsterdam.  I will get over there.  If I have to go alone, I will.  If I have to drag someone with me, I will... although, Eric's already said he'd like to see it.  Maybe he can get off a few hours for a field trip.

Anyway, that's that.  Memories of my art heyday have creeped up on me and I want to take advantage of it.  For now, it'll probably just be a photograph or two... even if that only means a daily challenge with my phone.  I've got to start somewhere.  After that, I've just got to stick with it.