i finally got around to

shaving the cats.  Strat didn't like it at all.  He was doing that growl that cats do when they're not happy and about to lose their crap.


It was fine though.  I told him to shut up and that he didn't make the rules today.

Lucille mostly liked it and she took a lot longer.  She has had all that long hair, but she just sat there and licked me.  Now, when I got closer to her butt, she got a little anxious but who wouldn't?  She looks much better now.  She went into it as a little kitty and now she's a fierce lion.  Well, a lion.

"WTF???" - Strat

That went so much better than expected.

It's also time for the sprinklers again.


I don't know why that makes me so happy.  There's just something about having the sprinklers going first thing in the morning that I like.  Maybe it's the sound or maybe it's just TCB.

I figured since I was out there watering the yard, I'd also get my new stuff in pots.

I'm hoping for better luck with cilantro this year.


I got rid of my dead rosemary and filled that pot with basil.


I also pulled a few weeds from around my few sprigs of chives.


And then there's Dodo's azalea in the former basil pot.  It's still looking pretty good.


Maybe we'll get a little rain today to help out.

Spring has sprung and I'm really liking it.

Next up this week: making vet appointments for the cats.  They need to get back on their flea drops and that stuff we got Strat on last year was awesome.  The only down side is it has to come from the vet and the cat vet is in Houston.  That's just not something I can do anymore so I asked on fb for a good cat vet and I'm going to call this week for an appointment.  I wonder if they'll see a lion...  Speaking of vets, I noticed Archer walking weird so I need to keep an eye on him and hope he gets to feeling better.  I think it might have to do with his stomach.  He's walking slow and his hind legs are spread a little.  I saw that walk once before, right before he crapped on the sidewalk.  I'm going to see if he goes to the bathroom today.  If not, I'm wondering if he might be constipated.

The fun never ends around here.