the other day i ordered

a new doormat for inside the backdoor.  I had one but it ended up outside and got some dead squirrel and maybe a little bit of dog mess on it.  I never brought it back in, but it is still out there.  Lately, we've had wet, nasty weather and it seems like the tile is getting a buildup of dirty dog path from the door to the cage.  It's been cleaned but I don't know, I can still sense it.  Anyway, I ordered a new doormat.  I found one I liked.  I think I might have had one like it in the past but it was the type I was looking for and it was cheap.  It was delivered and I put it at the door.


Then I opened the door to see what the old one looked like.


Observant, much?  Yeah, it does look a little like one I had in the past, minus squirrel blood and dog mess.

I also ordered a stroller and it should be here tomorrow.  Once the weather gets better, Little E and I can start going on walks around the block.  I'm looking forward to that.  I'm hoping she'll enjoy it too.

There seriously has to be something better than Little E.  How about E?  The baby gets used a lot and is fine for now but what about the grandkid later?  Speaking of her, I bought Easter stuff for pictures.  Since she loves the camera, I'm hoping they'll turn out as cute as I think they will.

Lent started yesterday.  That means there was no meat and there won't be any meat tomorrow since it's Friday.  That also means I seriously need some beef for dinner.  I'm thinking about chicken fried steak.  I have some American cheese I bought to grate for mac and cheese.  I need dinner now.  It sounds delicious.  I'll prep the mac and cheese this morning and get the beef in a little bit.

That's about all that's going on right now and that's a good thing.  Out of curiosity (and thankfulness), I looked back to see what was happening this time last year.  My chives were thriving so that's a little disappointing but there was a lot of wedding prep so knowing that's all in the past is very satisfying.  It almost makes me want to sit back, relax and enjoy how much isn't going on right now.  Then I think about that chicken fried steak with mac and cheese... I need to start grating.