The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

announced their lineup.  A lot of people are unhappy with the performer for Black Heritage Day because they haven't heard of him.  Some are complaining that he's not well known and just like one person commented, there was this guy one year who had to fill in at the last minute and he was a nobody.  I wonder.  Does anyone know what ever became of that guy George Strait?  Anyway, back to the performer for BHD.  When everyone started complaining, I had to look him up.  He's not a nobody.  He's from Fort Worth, he's been nominated for a Grammy and he's pretty good.  Here's one of his videos.


Enough about that.  I've got a lot of running around to do this morning.  I'm hoping to be home before the rain gets too bad.  I already don't like shopping but I really hate shopping in the rain.  I hate getting wet and I hate my bags getting wet and I ESPECIALLY hate bringing wet bags into the house.  My plan is to be done at Kroger so I can be at Kwik Kar for an oil change when they open, which I'm thinking might be 8:00.  After that it's on to Lake Jackson, where one or two of the stores don't open until 10:00.  I think I can make this all happen. 

One of the things I want to pick up from Kroger is frozen dinners.  I had a Lean Cuisine meal the other day and I liked it.  I'm not always in the mood for Chinese food but when I am, I probably don't want a frozen dinner.  Anyway, I had picked up a Lean Cuisine chicken fried rice and decided I'd try it.  I stopped by the Chinese drive-thru and picked up an egg roll to go with it.


I'd eat it again but I probably won't get another chicken fried rice this time.  Maybe I'll be daring and try something else I normally wouldn't get.  I definitely won't be daring enough to try shopping once the rain hits.  Yuck.