there are times when I think or dream

about things before they happen.  I don't mean like "I need to brush my hair" and then I brush my hair.  I don't want to make myself seem weird here, even though when this stuff happens Cosme always tells me I'm weird.  Anyway, one example is September 11, 2001.  This wasn't a major "I know EXACTLY what's going to happen" thought but I was standing in the kitchen getting ready for work around 5:00 that morning when I had a feeling.  I thought to myself, "It's 9/11.  It's a day for emergencies."  Not that it's the only day there's ever been an emergency or anything and there have been plenty of 9/11's but that was the only 9/11 I stopped and thought about it or what could happen.  On my way to work is when the first plane hit.  Sometimes it's more specific, like Cosme getting a flat tire or something breaking. Sometimes it's bad things and sometimes it's even good.  I haven't had the winning lotto thought/dream yet.  (Well, dream, yes but it's just me daydreaming.)  That all leads to another issue I have with letting people know about something.  If I have a bad thought, I have to let someone know with the hope that it won't happen.  An example is Mom telling me when I was a teenager about what to do and not to do if I had car problems when out at night.  Not too much later I had a friend tell me about a car situation she was in.  Instead of saying, "oh, my mom said not to do that or you could end up dead", I kept my mouth shut.  She was killed the following weekend doing what I kept my mouth shut about.  Eric gets mad at me because I sound so depressing but it's just me putting facts or events out there to maybe stop it from happening.  On a lighter note, Lloyd and I were playing Concentration one time when I was a kid.  We were sitting on their living room floor and he had cards spread out.  He stopped the game because I was matching so many on my first try.  He tried something else to test me since he thought it was odd that I knew which cards were where.  I think him stopping me and letting me know what was going on killed my vibe.  I don't think I passed that test and I don't remember doing so well when we got back to Concentration. 

The day before yesterday I was on my computer and thought to myself, "There's stuff on here I should probably save to my external hard drive in case my computer craps out on me."  I finished what I was doing and told myself I'd do the saving later.  I was in the kitchen and had Eric's streaming channel on and my computer turned off.  I couldn't get it back on.  I was mad at myself for not saving anything like I told myself earlier.  I messed with it and it eventually came back on.  I looked in all the right spots and was about to issue a search party for my external hard drive.  I found it and saved things and my computer's been fine since.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Now that I've made myself sound like I'm totally strange with issues and before my computer decides to crap out on me for good (see what I did there?  I mentioned it...), I'll share a few of these from around Christmas.

There is no sneaking sand tarts.  I couldn't get enough of them.


They didn't last long and here we are on January 10th and there are still three sweeties left.  I think I'll throw them out today.  I might be burned out on sweeties.

I found my gift for White Elephant a while back, maybe it was last summer.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect.  It was so bad it was awesome.


It's a wolf incense burner where the smoke comes out through his mouth.  When he vapes, he even has smoke coming out of his ears.


Seriously.  Who wouldn't see that sitting on the shelf at Walmart and NEED it for White Elephant?

I don't know what the wooden egg instrument is called but somehow, in the middle of the Christmas festivities, it ended up with the been-sitting-out-for-hours deviled eggs.  Signs of a good time.


I must have been feeling a little nostalgic when it came to snacks.  I started thinking about oyster crackers and knew I needed to make some.  It had been a while since I'd had those.


And if I was going to make oyster crackers, I had to make Dodo's Chili Cheese Roll.


By the way, both of these are sitting on the counter right now.  I snacked on the chili cheese roll yesterday but left it out overnight.  (The recipe makes a lot, it's not the same roll from Christmas.)  Maybe it all needs to follow the sweeties to the garbage today.