Cosme has been asking for a few days

if we have anything sweet.  My reply each time has been cereal.  Yesterday I figured I should make something sweet.  I had everything on hand for chocolate chip cookies so that was the plan.  The one thing I hate about making cookies is the process.  Load a tray, bake, load another tray, bake... Cakes are so much easier.  Bake it, frost it, eat it.  After I decided on cookies and had the butter softened and ready to go, I found out I didn't really have time to be standing there baking at least 3 sheets of cookies for 10 minutes each.  I saw an option of baking one big cookie in a pan.  Yes.

The recipe called for a certain sized pan that I didn't have.  I had one bigger and one smaller.  I went smaller and grabbed another for the extra.


I think I'll make chocolate chip cookies like this every time.  It was fast and easy.  My favorite.  And just so you know, the recipe on the back of Kroger chocolate chips is the same as the Tollhouse recipe.

The cookies have also inspired me to go for a walk this morning. 

I think I'll go across the street to the walking trail but I'm feeling a little off about it.  A neighbor posted something about hearing a big cat then another replied with seeing a big cat.  After I read that, a cousin posted a picture of a bobcat in her neighbor's yard (hours away but still).  I don't know.  Maybe I'd be safer at home with the tray of cookies.