Cosme and Eric spent the weekend

in San Antonio for a convention.  It's a thing they do every year.  I stayed home to take care of the animals.  I also let them use my car for the road trip.  That means I was stuck with Cosme's car.  Ugh.  I can't handle that car.  Well, I can handle the car fine (it actually handles really well) but sitting in it just about causes some sort of panic attack.  It was worse this time since it was so cold out.  Not only did I feel like I could barely breathe in that car but then I was bundled up in my coat so it just added to the layers of "I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE".  (There's no way I could handle a straightjacket.)  I tried to go out in it once and turned around and came home.  I calmed down a little and decided I'd try to distract myself by thinking about other things... and I also moved the seat way back.  I made it to Brazoria okay.  I started to panic a little but just focused on thinking about other things.  I felt like I was getting along pretty well.  I could barely reach the pedals but I was doing okay in my head.  I made it to Lowe's to pick up my order that arrived because why not try to fit two 4-tiered shelf units in a two-door car that you already feel cramped in?  After that I went by the mall to pick up something I'd been needing for a few days.  I grabbed my HEB shopping bag to not only hide my craving/addiction but to also protect it from the crazy wind.


I left and headed home.  Let me just say this though, it's been a long time since I've gone to the theater.  When I do go, it's because I'm being forced to.  I hate going to the theater.  I miss all the new releases and normally hear all the spoilers but I'm okay with that.  It beats going to the theater and sitting there.  I like staying home and watching movies.  If it's something I just really can't wait to see, I'll watch it on PPV or On Demand.  Anyway, so I never go to the theater.  I'd been wanting popcorn for a few days and knew I wanted to try and make it over there.  I looked the LJ theater up online.  (Confession: it was 10:30 and I wanted to know how early I could get popcorn.)  Check this out.

1.  You can order online
2.  They have a bar


Sure, I've been to theaters where you can order nice food and have drinks but this is the theater in the Brazos Mall.  I had no idea.

AND... once you get there, you apparently have two options:

Not waiting in line like this


Or even better, not waiting in line like this.


Now, I didn't read the fine print and it's not enough to lure me to the theater but for anyone wanting to go, that's pretty cool.

So back to Cosme's car.  By the time I got back from Lake Jackson, I was better with the car.  So much so, I took it to the store yesterday morning so I could try a soup recipe.  It was tortellini soup.  I liked it and it was easy.

It's just a package of tortellini, a couple of cans of tomatoes, a can of beans, spinach, garlic and broth.


While I was at the store, I had the deli slice some salami and pepperoni to make sandwiches to go with the soup.  I added ham and put a slice of Havarti on there and grilled them.


Looking at the pics is making my mouth water and has me thinking I might want soup instead of oatmeal this morning.

Is it obvious I like less soup in my soup?  I'd be totally cool with my soup needing a fork instead of a spoon.  Call me crazy.

Although, as loud as my stomach is growling, it probably wouldn't complain if I had both.

Oh yeah, then there's also the new recipe I tried after lunch settled.  It's Easy Cinnamon Swirl Loaf.  I'll definitely be making that one again.


I can't take it.  I need breakfast and that cinnamon loaf might be the answer.