today and tomorrow are bad

weather days.  We'll just say Houston is closed.


It's supposed to rain for the rest of the day and the temps are only dropping.  The dogs are in their cage and Archer has started this thing of mumbling and barking at us when we sit on the couch.  I went over there and let him know that behavior would NOT continue.  Mid-scold I noticed his head was hanging.  He knew he messed up.  Then I felt bad.  I didn't let up but kept telling him how it would be.  He got the message, loud and clear.

We knew the weather would get bad today so yesterday I stopped by Stewarts to pick up a few things for hamburgers.  I got home and realized I didn't get milk.  We have about half a gallon that is past its date but then our milk usually lasts a lot longer.  I started worrying last night.  What if we need milk before Wednesday?  What if we need a bowl of cereal and we're stuck?  What if I want hot chocolate for the cold weather?  I went to Kroger at 10:00 last night to get milk... and another box of cereal.  I went ahead and filled up with gas because I didn't want to be stuck with an empty tank and having to fill up when it's 30 degrees out (even though I'm not planning on going anywhere).

In better news (not that staying bundled up inside for bad weather days is a bad thing), I found an orange in the backyard.


The most logical explanation of how this got back there was from off the neighbor's tree.  This means there is hope that more will end up back there.  I will check after every windy day.  (I also anxiously await more windy days.)

Now I guess I'll clean up our breakfast mess because it'll be time to make a lunch mess before too long.  I'm also going out to check for oranges.