we have a trip to

Miami coming up so I've been getting ready.  No, I haven't been packing because it's too soon for that but I've been spending a little time out in the backyard getting some sun exposure.  I don't want to show up unprepared and burn so I've got to get a little sun.  Once I get out there and get a little tanning started, I should take much better to what Miami has to offer than if I just jump in after not being out there in a while.

I tried something the other day.  Tanning Accelerator.  The last time I used this stuff was in Puerto Rico, when I expected to be on the beach for an hour MAX, not waiting around for the bar to open and then three strawberry daiquiris later... One word.  PAIN.  After that day, I swore I'd never use the stuff again (but for some reason decided to hang onto it).  The other day I pulled it out.  I figured since I was only going to be out in the backyard for about 30 minutes, I should be good.  I was totally good.  I was actually thinking about buying another bottle of the stuff.  Much to my disappointment, I can't find it.  The company has other products and those might be awesome but one of the things I like about this is the smell.  It's orange and it smells a little like oranges, well, I guess as much as a tanning accelerator can.  So I was reading similar product reviews and one said she missed the original orange product and went on how the new one stinks.  Typical.

So it was just me, my music, my tanning accelerator and the dogs.  Maggie came by every few minutes to make sure I was okay and to lick my face.  Archer came by every few minutes to put his face in mine and see what was going on.

"Yes, Maggie.  I'm fine."

"Yes, Archer.  I know you wish this hat were big enough for two but it's not."

"Yes, Maggie.  I'm still fine but thanks for checking again."

"Like I said, Archer.  It really isn't big enough for two under here."
As much as I'd like to get back out there today, I don't know if I'll be able to.  I have a hair appointment and since I haven't had one since sometime around Thanksgiving, I should probably get that done.  Sure I could go out afterwards but who wants to mess up hair fresh out of a beauty shop?  Maybe I could just tie it up and cover it?  We'll see.  I'll think about it while I'm under the dryer.