i mentioned my idea

of a party/backyard lunch yesterday to use my new serving tray but I never even mentioned my tray.

I've been thinking about getting a rectangular serving tray for a couple of months or so.  I needed something to hold the occasional banana bread or blueberry bread loaf.  I wasn't actively searching but every time I baked a loaf of something, I remembered that I needed a dish to put that something on.  Fast forward to last week.  Madeline's posted serving trays.  I called and had them hold one for me.


It's perfect because as soon as I need new dishes, I'm planning on white this time around.

Mom and I went to the shop and I picked up my tray.  Then I was convinced I needed the deviled egg tray.  I make deviled eggs for almost every gathering and look at this tray.


That should slide into the refrigerator so much easier and take up less space than the round dish.  It also came with the little serving fork.  I ended up buying the deviled egg tray too.

Cindy asked if I'd seen another board they have.


This would be perfect for a cheese ball or log or plain old cheese.  It also comes with a little spreading knife.  I had to buy it too.

That's why I need to have a party.  Maybe I should just have a party to celebrate my new flowers?  I'm not totally against the peanut butter cookie/Chinese food/golf gathering in the backyard but it'd be nice if I wasn't the only one enjoying the new serving trays.