saturday started off

going pretty well.  I was going to start by washing my hair but instead ran to Lowe's, got some housework done, the baby came, the baby left, and I went to pick up some bbq for lunch.  By the time I got back from Clute with lunch, Cosme was hurting.  We were thinking it was a bug.  His stomach was aching, his back was aching, and he said it felt like he'd been kicked in the crotch.  The stomach and back pains led me to believe it might be gas.  We put a heating pad on his abdomen and he rested a bit.  After a while he started talking about how bad it was hurting.  I told him I wished that something like ibuprofen would help.  He said to give him some.  A couple of minutes later, he ran to the bathroom and started vomiting.  I googled pains near belly button and the first result was gall stones.  I read the symptoms and it didn't match.  The next suggestion was appendicitis.  I read the symptoms and they all matched, well, all except for the pain in the lower right side.  Oh, it also mentioned things you shouldn't do if your appendix is inflamed.  The top two were use a heating pad and any type of pain relief like ibuprofen... those could cause rupturing.  WebMD also said if you have three or more of those symptoms, you should get medical attention immediately.  I told Cosme we needed to get him to the ER.  I took him to one in town that stands alone and isn't connected to the hospital.  They got him back in a room.  At this point he was lying in the bed throwing up and that pain on the right side that he was missing from the list of symptoms?  It showed up.  I was sure it was appendicitis.  I asked the receptionist that if it was, where would he go.  She said they would transfer him to Pearland.  They still had to check him out so I went home to pack a bag and turn things off.  I got back and they said it was appendicitis and he was being transferred to Pearland for morning surgery.  I stopped by the house for a few more things and met him at the hospital.  I was really wishing I'd washed my hair first thing, like I'd planned.  You know how they always say to wear clean underwear in case you end up in the hospital?  Same goes for washing your hair.  Anyway, he got checked in around midnight and the surgeon was notified and said that surgery would be at 10:00 the next morning.  We slept as well as we could, him lying there in pain and me on a hospital couch with nurses coming in every 15 minutes.  A few hours later they said surgery would be at 9:30.  The doctor came, surgery was done, and that was that.  Today he feels like he was run over by a bus.

We've had better weekends.

On the plus side, we have leftover bbq


and ribs


and last night wasn't spent in a hospital.


Oh, I also got to take a shower and wash my hair.

Today I'm trying to get some cleaning done while resting and making sure Cosme is okay.  That said, I need to go check what time his next meds are due.