The baby likes to play

on the piano and I let her because- well, who am I to stop a potential prodigy?  Today we were sitting there and she was tapping/pounding on her keys while I tapped on a few others.  I hit a couple that sounded familiar.  Then I realized it sounded like Frère Jacques.  I messed around with a few more and minutes later, I had it!  Well, I had all but the ding, dang, dong.  For the first time in my 46+ years, I sat at a piano and figured something out.  Sure, it was only a kid song but still.  


Now if any skilled piano players see this (and by skilled, I mean anyone who knows Frère Jacques) and say my fingers aren't placed right or even near the right keys, I don't care.  Music is art.  Art is all about interpretation.  This is my interpretation of that song.  The end.  

Today I think I'll work on a little Beethoven or Debussy.  You know, I'll stick with Debussy.  I really like Clair de Lune.

Yeah.  That's not happening.  

Alexa, play Clair de Lune.