there was one thing that

happened over the weekend that was pleasant.  I made a small batch of cookies.  Betty Crocker sells packets that only make about a dozen and you only add a couple of TBS of oil and a TBS of water.  Instead of just rolling them up and smashing them with a fork, I dipped the tops in turbinado sugar first.


It was a delicious batch of peanut butter cookies.  They were sugary and crunchy and awesome.  I guess the reason I'm thinking of dessert is because I heated up lunch earlier.  We had leftover bbq.  I pulled Cosme's apple pie leftover from Sunday out of the refrigerator and he finished it off.  Eric mentioned that he'd like something sweet.  I told him I had leftover cheesecake from Sunday and that he probably wouldn't like it but I'd share it with him.

Guess who didn't get any cheesecake or apple pie...  Nice guys do finish last.  I decided to pick up Luby's again tonight with another slice of double crusted cheesecake.  I just got home.  Go ahead and take a wild guess at what wasn't in the bag.  I'm serious.  I thought I was being slick and all, rushing to Luby's super early to pick up dinner and cheesecake before the 4:00 dinner rush wiped them out.  (That's how it is at Luby's. SO MANY times I show up and I'm sorry, but we're out of that.)  You know what?  Screw them and their double crusted cheesecake.  I have a recipe that's similar but better and WAY cheaper than $4 a slice.  So do I want to make that, a cheesecake fluff filling, or an actual cheesecake?  Either way, I've got all the ingredients.  I don't need Luby's and their cheesecake.

Wow, who knew my sweet tooth could trigger an attitude?  That's pretty cool, maybe not so healthy, but pretty cool.