The first time we went to

a Brazilian steakhouse, I couldn't get enough of the the little rolls they bring out.  Nothing's changed.  After that though, I came home and searched Brazilian steakhouse rolls or Brazilian cheese rolls.  Pão de Queijo came up.  Hmm, I'm no genius and I don't know Portuguese but that sounds a lot like Spanish, Pan de Queso.  Cheese bread sounded like the right track to me.  Oh, another recipe even went so far as to call it Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread but does reference Pão de Queijo in her recipe.  Then I saw a picture.  I'd found it.

I started thinking about these because we went to our favorite Brazilian steakhouse for Cosme's birthday the other day.  You know, I really can't eat enough in one sitting to get my money's worth out of any type of buffet, but a few slices of that beef and those rolls are reason enough.

Anyway, I'd saved the recipe to my old Macbook, the one that croaked last year.  I pinned one later, just to compare.  Yesterday I looked up the pinned recipe and just happen to remember the name of the website with the original recipe.  They both call for tapioca flour so I got two bags with my Kroger order yesterday.  I will make the rolls, maybe even tonight.

Get this.  I picked up my order from Kroger and looked at my bags of tapioca flour.
Here's the front.


Here's the back.


It's the recipe.  Well, it's a little different than the one I've made before but what I'm getting at is there's the freaking recipe... right there on the bag.  Now, I guess I would've needed to know to get tapioca flour to begin with to find that recipe but there it is, so easy to find now.  Oh well, I pinned the original recipe and I'm sticking with it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll post a pic and link for my future self as soon as make them... hopefully tomorrow.

Today would have been Grandma's 95th birthday.  I should probably have a petit four this morning in her honor.  You know, I could probably have coffee too (but it'd have to be Cuban).

I was exhausted yesterday.  I made a simple dinner yesterday (sheet pan chicken and vegetables with a packet of Uncle Bens wild rice) and the clean up was just as easy.  I passed out around 6:30 then woke up three hours later.  Ah, there I was all rested and refreshed at bedtime.  I won't have that coffee now.  I'm pretty sure I'll need it later.

Time to TCB.