I got a text from Paige

yesterday to let me know she had to call in.  That meant I wasn't keeping the baby.  I decided that once a place opened, I'd head down and get a pedicure.  After that, I figured I'd put on old clothes and clean, maybe even straighten out the garage.  First though, I was going to Tractor Supply to see if they had anything that would help with Maggie's itchy ears.  On the way there, I decided I'd just try one of the home remedies I saw online.  Before I got home, my phone rang.  Somehow, in that phone call, Eric managed to convince me I needed to upgrade my phone.

So here I am.


It's going to take some time to get used to it.  He convinced me a couple of years ago to switch from iPhone to Samsung and I'm still sticking with them.  I just upgraded from the Galaxy 7 to the S10.  The camera's supposed to be better.  They know how to get me.

So, after walking in to get my phone a few minutes after 9:00, I left about 45 minutes later.  I had to wait for stuff to transfer over and you know what?  That seemed like a waste of time because it wasn't everything.  I got in my car and then had to figure out how to sync the new phone to Bluetooth.  Oh, I also needed a case.  I know what type of cases I like and AT&T didn't have any.  I told him I'd wait, that while I do like things pretty plain, I would like a little pizzazz.  I also don't like hard plastic.  I need it to have a little give and feel a little rubbery.  I checked Best Buy.  Nothing.  I checked Target and they only had three cases for an S10.  Two were hard Otter Boxes and the third was... rubbery and plain but with a little pizzazz.  That was that.  I was free to go home and start to TCB as soon as I got my phone in order.  You have one guess at what I spent the rest of the day doing.  I didn't get anything else done, especially not straightening the garage.  About the time I got things in order on my phone, it was time to start the grill and make dinner.  Oh, still no Brazilian cheese bread.  I'm pretty sure it won't be tonight either because we're having spaghetti and meatballs.  On second thought, that might be awesome together.  We'll see.

I made oatmeal for breakfast this morning.  As usual, it was HEB cinnamon for me and Cosme's Quaker with apple and cinnamon.  I dumped each into a bowl and I was pretty sure his packet came with more than mine.  I checked the boxes and each said there are ten 1.51oz packets.  I grabbed a bowl with a line and checked.

Cosme's Quaker:


My HEB:

I tried to get as close to the same angle for each picture but his is clearly more than mine.  I don't know.  It irritates me because who do you think likes oatmeal more?  Whatever.

I have an appointment with the eye doctor today.  I've been saying it for a few years now but I'm sure that this is the year he'll prescribe bifocals.  I'm a grandmother complaining about packets of oatmeal.  It almost seems wrong for me to not have bifocals, right?

Oh well, time for me to grab my broom and chase those darn kids off my lawn.