the backyard got a little more

user friendly over the weekend... unless you're a dog.  We had to add more cinder blocks.  I was sitting in the chair that faces the front door.  I saw a few people ride by on bikes, then a few went walking by, and then two dogs (one brown and one black) went running by.  Ugh.  They were wet and stinky and eventually got a bath but first, the backyard needed my attention.  Like I was saying, it got a little more user friendly.

I've been wanting a table for a long time but with the dogs, I knew it couldn't be wooden.  Two words: chew toy.  Anyway, I found a few metal ones but I didn't think the chairs would go to well with the rocky patio.  I was good with benches but again, the rocky patio.  Then I found one at Target a couple of weeks ago.  I decided it was time to finally make the purchase.  It came and I hauled it to the backyard and put it together Saturday.  I think it's perfect.

Here it is.


There's a hole in the middle where I can put an umbrella.  I'd like to do that before summer hits hard.

And here's the table in the evening with the stringed lights on.


I love it.

Had I known an appendectomy would leave me assembling it all alone, I probably would've been searching harder to get it here sooner.  I'm still sore.  Oh, ignore that ice chest.  I need to get it cleaned and put away but sheesh.  It's hard being the only one who can lift anything over 10 pounds.  And honestly, I probably can't lift much more than that.

I also ordered this the other day.