the doctor told me that

going by the few tests that were given to me before he got in the room, I might not need bifocals just yet.  Then he pulled that little card in front of the viewfinder and my eyes let me down so hard.  After he pulled the card away, he broke the news to me.  Yep.  It's time to make a change.  They'll be here in 7-10 days and the girl in the office will teach me how to use them.  Ugh.  Right now my eyes are that person dressing too young for their age.  This is going to be SO MUCH FUN.

This sounds really lame but when I was young, one of the things I looked forward to about growing up was controlling the temperature.  I don't know why.  I was never denied cooling or heating but in my mind, it was just something grown ups did.  You know what?  Growing up and controlling the cooling and heating is a lot more awesome than getting bifocals.  Are they even bifocals?  Maybe they're trifocals.  Sheesh.

I didn't have time to eat lunch before my appointment yesterday so when I got home, Cosme rode with me to Dairy Queen.  I'm not a big fan of DQ but I was curious about their chicken and waffles.  I tried them.

Can we pause right here?

One word: yum.


I don't know what was up with that waffle but I'm pretty sure it was fried.  Do you know what could make a waffle even more fabulous than it already is?  Frying it.  I was trying to get situated and accidentally knocked the syrup over.


Don't judge me.

The chicken was fine but I wasn't crazy about it with the syrup.  That waffle though...

Oh well, a sweet ending to a disappointing eye exam.  I guess my eyes aren't totally letting me down though.  Everything else looked good.  I did have the girl tighten up my current glasses because there might be a time when my eyes want to revisit their youth.

I think I'll go adjust the thermostat.