Since buying the swing

and picnic table, I've been out in the backyard a little more.  The weather's been so nice for it, on the days it isn't raining.  When we're out by the swing, Archer usually comes and sits (at least for a little bit) next to the tree.


Maggie's also been coming over to the tree, but to dig.  I'm sure she's just working on her skills.  With their time alone in the backyard being less, she's probably trying to perfect that dig time.  You know she's just waiting for me to turn my back or go inside.  I hope she's only working on making a cool spot for the summer but I seriously doubt it.

After we spend some time at the swing, we hang out on the picnic table.  I'm so glad I found that table.  We were out there yesterday and the afternoon sun was pretty cool.  I took some pictures and it was SO MUCH sun flare.  I need to check the forecast because I plan going out there this evening and grilling the chicken I didn't grill yesterday.  Oh, I also hope to make the Brazilian cheese bread that I didn't make yesterday.  So, yeah.  No picture of doughy goodness today.

We also had to make a quick trip to the vet yesterday for flea and heartworm meds, which the baby was not happy about.  She let me know.  Almost home and coming up the road before ours, I saw two little girls standing on the side.  They looked like they were probably up to something, it reminded me of the thing my friends and I used to do when we'd act like we were holding a string across the street to see if the cars would slow down.  I saw a rather large bird fly away.  I realized the girls weren't out being sneaky, they were just bird watching.  As I got closer, I saw why the bird was hanging out... a dead kitten in the street.  I drove by slowly, making sure I missed the kitten and the girls.  I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the girls move a little closer to the kitten.  Yeah.  The parents might want to keep an eye on those two.  I don't know, maybe teach them to trick cars into thinking there's a string being held across the street or something.

Okay, no more talk of that.  Time to start some chores.