Chicken spaghetti, meatloaf,

nothing I had made over the last few days sounded right with THIS recipe for Brazilian Cheese Bread.  Since we always have them at a steakhouse, I figured I'd just make steaks.  While at Kroger, I picked up a couple of handfuls of shrimp to marinate and put on skewers.  I had potatoes to bake so I added a few colorful vegetables to the lineup, asparagus and red peppers.  I didn't think Eric and Paige would stay for dinner but had planned on sending some home with them.  I also told Mom to come eat.  When Paige got here after work, the grill wasn't even ready yet.  That left us with two extra steaks.  Mom sent a text that her stomach was bothering her.  That left us with another steak.  We had enough food for at least five people and there were only two of us.  Oh, I can't forget the cheese bread.  I blended it all up in the blender but I was positive something was different.  The recipe called for cheddar cheese but I know in the past I'd used parmesan.  So in addition to the almost 1/2 cup of cheddar, I added parmesan.  The consistency was also different.  I remember it being runny and able to pour from the blender to the muffin tin.  This time it was thicker and I had to use a spoon to almost scoop it out.

I went ahead and followed through.

Fresh out of the oven.


The bottom looked a little more done but that could be because I had to bake them on a lower rack since the vegetables were already taking up the top space.


The texture seemed about what I'm used to,


but they definitely needed salt.  I probably should have added that ingredient.  Oops.  Oh well, next time... and there will be a next time.  Also, they're not as great heated up in the microwave the next morning.  Maybe I'll try the toaster oven.

I knew we'd need dessert because not only was there not much left of the strawberry pie I made a couple of days ago, but Mom won't even eat that.  I bought a box of Krusteaz lemon bars.  Those things are good.

The allergy stuff in the air is heavy duty right now.  This is the third day in a row I've waken up feeling the pressure in my head.  I'm waiting for my Zyrtec to kick in but it isn't doing anything right now.  I've already made the bed and let the dogs out.  I went to the park yesterday but I think I'm just going for a neighborhood walk today.  Afterwards, I might sample the lemon bars.  You know, just to see how they held up in the fridge overnight.