i don't even want to

look at my Facebook memories today.  It's Halloween and for the first time in a while, we're not doing anything grand to scare all the kids.  Then again, Halloween has started out that way a few times before and ended with me in costume on the front porch with lights and smoke.  This year though, not only am I thinking about getting my Christmas tree up this weekend, but it's supposed to rain.  Thinking back though, it was supposed to rain last year AND the Astros were in the World Series so we had two things going against us... and it ended up being awesome.  I don't know.  I'll probably drag out my hooded robe and a mask at the last minute.  I might even change out a light bulb or two.  One thing is for sure, Eric and Paige are coming over and we're watching Ghost Adventures.  I'll make burgers and chili con queso for this evening.  Anyway, that's that.

I tend to buy the same candy every year.  I make sure to get Snickers (Cosme's favorite) and Kit Kat (my top pick among Halloween candy) and then there's everything else.  Like most people, we spend the few days before Halloween picking through and snacking on what we like.  When Halloween comes, I make sure to give the little kids Dum Dums and for the rest, I focus on getting rid of everything else (going easy on the Reece's cups), hoping any leftovers will be what we like.  This year though, as I was dumping all the candy into the tub, I noticed the assortment bag also had Heath bars.  My absolute favorite candy bar is Skor... so basically, Heath.  And once again, because I can't go to the store and buy an actual candy bar for myself, I've been digging out and hiding all the Heath.  They might only be about as big as my thumbnail but it's the first time I've had them in the mix and I like it.

Okay.  I can't take it.  I just had Alexa play some creepy music and ate a Heath.  We won't be going all out tonight, but I will scare a few kids.  It just won't be Halloween if I don't.  Now I need to start planning and setting up.  I know it's supposed to rain but I will at least set up the entryway to scare a few kids.  Hopefully, we'll still have candy left.