we had our second day

of sun yesterday and today is starting off the same.  I don't know what to do with myself.  The dogs enjoyed it.  If I get several mosquito coils going this morning, it would make it better.

I got a call from my doctor's office.  It looks like the Christmas tree is going up the weekend after Halloween.  I love having an excuse to put the tree up early.  Sure, I could do it whenever I want but this seems like a legitimate reason.  Oh, crap.  I just realized something.  The surgery is scheduled for 8am and I have to be there two hours early.  That means I have to leave the house around 5am.  Oh well, I guess it's better than when it was scheduled for 1:30pm.  That's a long time for fasting... like I'd be able to eat anything anyway with my nervous stomach.

I really wanted french fries for lunch yesterday.  They sounded good and I was about to make some until I remembered I needed to post two recipes for easy access.  I had a frito pie instead.  I could've had chili cheese fries but I don't think this chili would be good with fries.  It's not like hot dog chili, but more like taco soup in a way.  I've made it a few times and might have posted the recipe link before but if I did, I can't find it.  THIS is it.


I put it in a cutesy little paper boat like they would do at a concession stand.  Not only did I think it would look cute for the picture, but it was one less dish I had to wash afterwards.  I might need to do that more often.

I need to go clean shrimp now.  It's garbage day and I need to hurry and get the shrimp debris out.  Too bad shrimp and grits wouldn't work in those concession stand paper boats.  Oh, but fried shrimp would...