without getting myself too

worked up with anxiety and nerves, I need to start seriously getting into TCB mode for surgery.  It's 2 weeks and 2 days away.  I need to do some serious prep work.  I've already made a color-coded laundry instruction sheet for Cosme (with pictures).  Did anyone expect anything different from me?  I need to print it out, insert into a page protector and hang in the laundry room.  I need to think of other things I'll want/need that I probably won't feel like explaining.  Today I need to sit down and figure out what all needs to be done and make a big ol' to-do list.  One of the first things will be cleaning out the freezers and refrigerators, but mainly the freezers.  I need to get those stocked up with plenty of tv dinners.  I guess I also need to call my doctor's office this week and make sure we're still on for November 7th and see if there's anything else I need to do.  I'm pretty sure there's a pre-op appointment I need to schedule.  I also want to know how long I can expect to be in the hospital, without her telling me exactly what she plans to do.  I just want to be surprised when I wake up.  Don't tell me how many incisions or how big they are.  Yes, I like to plan but I also tend to worry.  Let's save the planning for fun stuff like which cabinet I'll clean out today.  I'll have a bag packed for the hospital, just in case I need to stay longer than planned.  I'd just rather not know details until I wake up after surgery.  Enough of that.  I need to focus on getting everything cleaned and organized and ready for recovery mode.  I figure I can tackle one project at a time.  I plan to set aside at least one day for each task.  I also have a list going of things I'll need to pick up from the store before then.  Oh, I also need to work on getting portraits out this week too.

Before anything though, I need to get dressed and go vote.  One of the things I worried about with my original surgery date of October 10th was getting out to vote.  After being rescheduled to the 7th, I was relieved that voting wouldn't be an issue... especially since I always vote early.

Time to get busy.