i just made my

pre-op appointment and it's the day before my surgery.  I also asked and I know I'll have to stay at the hospital for at least 24 hours.  So, it's all about to happen.  I know people, well, women have this done all the time and there are people having worse things happen but I am 46 years old and the only surgery I've ever had was having my wisdom teeth taken out.  I've never had stitches or casts or anything like that.  The only time I used crutches was when I fell in the backyard and twisted my ankle.  I'm about as inexperienced as they come.  I'm not complaining about that but it sure doesn't help.

I will complain about this though.  I wanted to get the refrigerator and freezer cleaned out yesterday.  I didn't get it done but did manage to finish the refrigerator this morning.  I just went to take the can out to the street and it looks like I just missed the garbage truck.  Now I've got a lot of old food, litter box, and dirty diapers all sitting out in the trashcan until Monday.  I might need to keep the garage door open.  Don't be jealous.

I've been on a chicken tender and chicken nugget kick lately.  I was being a little adventurous and dipped them in ranch dressing instead of ketchup.  I thought it would be nice to have some sweet and sour dipping sauce or even Chick-fil-a's Polynesian sauce so I looked up some copycat recipes on Pinterest.  I mixed it up and it was pretty close.

Yesterday I finally got around to trying it on nuggets.


No.  It's actually not close at all.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't Polynesian sauce.  I decided it'd be easier to buy a jar of sweet and sour sauce... or just go back to ketchup and ranch and save the sweet and sour for McDonalds and Chick-fil-a.

I've really got to TCB today.  I need to work on portraits and go pick up the book of the dead from the church that needs to be finished by Wednesday.  I also need to schedule in some time to worry about surgery stuff.