you know those headaches

you get when you don't get enough sleep but then you get more sleep and you have a different headache from sleeping too much?  That happened yesterday.  I had it under control and then the rain came.  I read a cousin's post on FB about no line for voting in the rain and thought I'd try that Angleton line again.  I got dressed and headed over, walked right in, and voted.  No line at all.  It's amazing what rain will do for you.

I knew I wanted to wear a hoodie and t-shirt.  I didn't necessarily need to be waterproof but I did want the hood and a little protection from the breeze.  I pulled a Texas t-shirt off the hanger, one of my new birthday presents from Mom and Dad that I picked out at Madeline's, and threw it on.  I put on a pair of shoes and decided against them.  I bought a pair of black Vans for Las Vegas when Lauren and John got married but I don't know, there's something about them that just doesn't feel right.  I've just always felt like they look weird on me.  Anyway, to go with my red Texas t-shirt,


I put on my red Converse.


I grabbed my purse and hoodie and headed out the door.  When I got out of the car and started walking into the Courthouse Annex, I all of a sudden felt like the diehard fan at a football game who ends up on camera with the painted face.  Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with my red t-shirt and red shoes but with all the political drama and the #redwave, I felt like a rebel.  I was hoping nobody there thought I was trying to make a statement because that definitely wasn't the case... not that there's anything wrong with that.  It's not that I was scared that people would think I was voting red because maybe I was or maybe I wasn't, it's nobody's business, I just simply don't like drawing attention to myself.  I try not to get too political on social media because I've seen normally nice people get really ugly and I don't need any of that.  Anyway, as usual, my brain was probably making more out of the situation than it should have.  I didn't make eye contact with the few people I saw on my way in or out so I didn't notice if I got any glares but I also didn't get any high fives like our team just scored the winning touchdown.  Also, nobody poured their beer on me so I guess that's always a plus.  

I made it back to the car and headed to the grocery store.  By the time I got home, my head was THROBBING.  It was horrible.  This was a sinus headache.  UGH.  I worked on it and it finally mostly went away.  It really messed up other things I wanted to get done yesterday but I managed to get over to vote and picked up a few things for dinner.  The funny/awesome thing is Eric called to see what we were having for dinner and said they'd probably come by to eat.  I changed the menu from a new chicken recipe using things I had to pick up at the store to take-out Chicken Express.  My head really enjoyed that.  Now I'm excited that yesterday's dinner will be today and I don't have to go to the store in the rain again.  Oh, there's also one drumstick leftover so I know what's for lunch.   

Let's get this headache-free morning started!