i have one more recipe

to share.  Red Beans and Rice.  Hey, it's chilly outside and I had a loaf of french bread we were finishing.  Anyway, I've made this recipe before and we really liked it.  When I made it before, I posted a picture on Instagram and I had some NOLA people assume I lived there and tell me how good it looked.  I corrected them and told them I'd take that as a compliment.  I'm not sure about this time.  They probably wouldn't have said anything with this batch because it didn't quite look the same.  Also, as for the picture, I think I overdid it on the rice.  I had to go back and add more beans to my bowl.


I don't know if last time I didn't add enough water or if this time I added too much but I'm thinking it was not adding enough last time.  I just remembered that last time I didn't soak my beans first.  I'm sure that had something to do with it.  I guess it was a combination of the two.  Maybe this is how they're supposed to be and last time they were too thick.  Whatever, the flavor was good.  Next time I probably won't soak the beans because I really don't see much point.  You know, maybe that's why I had to use a bigger pot this time.  I was starting off with swollen beans.  Ahh, it's all starting to make sense now.  You see?  This is the exact reason I share recipes here.  I not only have quick access but now I'll remember how to make my beans soupier, if desired.

Oh well, I probably won't share another recipe for a few days... unless we get sick of beans.