i tried a new recipe

and we loved it.  I wanted something sweet.  The other day I pulled up a recipe on Pinterest for a cinnamon cake or cinnamon roll cake or something.  I clicked on the link and planned to make it until I saw a recipe listed for this Honey Bun Cake.  I had to investigate.  I had all the ingredients and needed to try it.  It sounded too easy to pass up.  The base of it was a boxed yellow cake mix and it's made in a 9x13 pan.  I added a little bit more cinnamon to the brown sugar middle part and ended up having to double the icing.  I also cut the cooking time down by about 5 minutes because it was starting to smell a little too done.

The recipe said to let it cool but we didn't.  How could we go wrong with a hot honey bun?  That sounds impossible.


It was really good.  You can see how moist it is in the picture.  I poured a full glass of milk to go with it.  Good move.  I'll for sure make this again.  In just about 24 hours, it was half gone.  It won't last much longer.

I was scrolling through recipes on the blog and saw the one for Egg Roll Bowls from January 22.  I still can't eat egg rolls.  They were SO good I couldn't help myself from overdoing it and overdosing.  I just wonder when I'll be able to eat another egg roll.  Who knows...  I haven't had a pistachio in about 5 years.  After eating so many one Halloween and coincidentally waking up with a stomach bug the next day, being horribly sick is all I can think of when I see pistachios.  I can actually look at a bag of them now.  For a while, I couldn't even do that.  I couldn't even look at the word PISTACHIO without my mouth getting the vomit waters.

While I'm on the topic of food, I'm about to start a roast for tonight.  A cool front is coming through and I'm ready for it.  We'll have roast tonight and tomorrow I'll make red beans and rice.  I hope the cooler temps stick around because I'm in the mood for that and the slow-cooking food that comes with it.  I think I'm also ready to not have to go anywhere.  Doesn't everyone hunker down when the temps drop to the mid 60s?  No?  Oh well.  Imagine how bad I'd be if I lived up north... and by up north, I mean north of Houston.  Oh, I should probably bake some french bread to go with the beans and rice for tomorrow.  Now we're talking.  I've really missed fall.

I think I'll go put on some socks and something plaid or a hoodie and sit here and wait for the fall weather.  That sounds awesome.