so yesterday I made

the roast and baked bread as I had planned, amped up for the cold weather.  I'm over it now.  Today it's in the 50s and I'm ready for the 60s-70s.  I wasn't made for chilly weather.  I'm feeling it too.  I woke up needing a nasal decongestant (nothing new there) but I just feel the cooler weather.  It's literally something in the air.  I don't like the whole vibe it's putting off.  I'm not ready for needing a hoodie and socks.  I put thieves and peppermint in the diffuser.  I made myself a cup of hot tea but put ice cubes in it so I can tolerate it right now.  I think I put too much ice.  I added local honey because it couldn't hurt.  I want to go back to bed.  Wake me when the temps rise a little.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the break from the heat but isn't there a happy medium with the weather?  Oh, wait.  I think they call that California.  I'll suffer with the Texas temps.

This was yesterday, not today when it was too breezy and chilly.


The dogs, gathered at their drinking hole.  Well, one of their drinking holes.  They're weird.

I need breakfast.  I'd love oatmeal but I don't feel like making any.  I'd use an instant package but I'm running low and would rather save it for a time when I'm really needing oatmeal but don't want to make it in a saucepan... times like this morning, but more desperate.  I don't want to waste it on a morning when I'd just love it.  Maybe I'll make toast.  I need something.  I need to eat something and go sit by the diffuser and absorb cold-fighting stuff.  That's what it is.  This weather reminds me of being sick and I'm not in the mood for being sick.  It'd help if this sinus drainage and allergy crap would go away.  Maybe then I'd appreciate the cooler weather and not associate it with my itchy, watery eyes, itchy nose, and sneezing.  I'm done.  I'm not going to sit here and dwell on it.  I'm going to have some toast, do some chores and catch up on some dvr.  I'll pretend it's yesterday when it was 78 degrees.