I went for pre-op at the

hospital on Thursday and then tomorrow I go for pre-op with my doctor.  Surgery is Wednesday morning.  This sucks.  I can't wait for this to all be over with.  My nerves can't handle it.  My stomach is in knots and I could probably throw up.  My mind doesn't let me sit here and appreciate the fact that I'm fine with nothing going on right now, I can only focus on what's to come.  Luckily, I've put off so much of my stuff that needs to be done so I should be too busy to sit around and dwell on anything... but I'll manage to anyway.  Ugh.  When starting junior high makes you break out in hives, it's probably a good sign of things to come.  I guess we've always known I'm a little anxious and worried.

Anyway, today I need to:

  • Clean the cat room
  • Make macaroni and cheese
  • Finish decorating the tree
  • Do some ironing
  • Make a list for Kroger Clicklist for later in the week
  • Clean
  • Worry

I'll probably get two or three of those done, worrying being one.  One thing I'd really like to get done is getting the Christmas lights hung on the trees out front.  I won't be able to though.  I had to break into that stash to hang more on our PRE-LIT TREE.  So not only am I down the 400 I added to our Christmas tree, but two of those strands ended up in the garbage.  Also, remember I had Antonio trim the trees a few months ago?  I'll need to take the lights up higher this year.  So... I could probably use another 1000 lights or so.  And now that there's a baby in the picture, I feel like I should add something to the yard.  Maybe one of those inflatables?  Maybe the lit up dog I didn't get last year?  Maybe I'll save it for next year when 1) I don't have a ton of other things going on and 2) she'll see that there's a lit up dog in the yard.

On the plus side, I messaged a friend yesterday who just had a hysterectomy and asked her a few questions.  I found out she was walking a flight of stairs the next day.  I don't even think it's the thought of the actual surgery that's bothering me (as much as that stuff makes me weak and queasy), but just the production of it all.  The build up and hype of "surgery" and "hospital stay" and what to expect during recovery.  I hear that the gas build up is one of the worst parts about it.  That has me stressing about maybe I should lay off Coke until gas isn't a problem.  Why add bubbles to a full stomach?  I don't know.  I'm rambling now and lucky for you, I probably won't have much time to post before Wednesday.

And now I'll get on with my list.
TCB