a photo challenge sounds like a

simple task.  For example, yesterday's prompt of loud.  Fine.  Easy enough.  Take a picture of something loud.  I was out running around for a lot of yesterday and kept my eyes open for "loud" the whole time.  Yeah, the drink cooler at one of the stores was loud but I didn't see anything that would show it in a picture.  I came home and noticed the garbage cans were all still out.  That was it.  I decided to take a picture of the garbage truck.  With the new system, the truck picks up the other side of the street while on his way into the neighborhood, collects the neighborhood and then does our side of the street on his way out.  I was in the kitchen and heard the garbage truck.  I ran outside to catch him driving by.  I was too slow.


No biggie.  I came back in to give him time to finish and leave.  My new plan was to catch him on the way out.  I had an idea to sit behind the bushes and get the snapdragons in the picture.  This way I wouldn't look like a nerd just straight up taking pictures of a garbage truck.  Oh wait, a school bus was on its way down the street so I got a practice shot to check out.


No, I didn't like that.  First of all, look at all those weeds.  But second, I wanted more flowers in the picture.  I sat and waited.  I decided to pull a few weeds while I was waiting.  That didn't take very long but then I didn't really give it my all.  I wasn't making a new chore out of it.  I was only trying to get a picture so I could come back in and fold towels.  A truck pulled up at the neighbor's house.  I was really hoping they didn't notice me just sitting on the driveway, partially behind bushes.  I was starting to think I'd look less weird doing that straight up garbage truck shot.  Then I heard a vehicle coming.  It was kind of loud so I got in position.


Hmm.  Fed Ex isn't something typically associated with being loud.  I was okay with the picture but just not the subject.

Not wanting to seem weird to the neighbors and every car driving by, I took a few pictures.  I'm sure none of them noticed but in my head, I felt better.

There was this bee buzzing all over the Indian Hawthorne.  (I didn't need to zoom in, I was that close... sitting on the driveway behind the bushes.)  But look at that face he's giving me.  He was probably the only one I was actually creeping out.


There was also this worm that I hated.  I guess it's a worm.  He's a squirmy critter and I hate any and all squirmy critters.  He made me jump while I was pulling weeds. 


There were also a few mosquito hawks, a lady bug and a huge fly.

After I'd been sitting behind the bushes for over 30 minutes (I wish I could say I was exaggerating), I heard a vehicle approaching.  It wasn't the garbage truck but it was just as loud.  It was another school bus.  I was going to forget the garbage truck and go for the school bus.  I mean seriously, not only is the vehicle loud but the inside of a school bus in known for being noisy.  I acted like I was taking pictures of my flowers while the bus dropped off the neighbor kid and I got a picture as it drove off.  Done.  I needed to come in and start my phone charging so I waited to post it until I got plugged in.

I came inside and plugged in my phone and then I heard it.  There went the garbage truck. 

And that, folks, is the simple task of a daily photo challenge.