if you can't hang with the

big dogs then stay off the porch... or something like that.  Well, I can hang with the big dogs but it might not look so hot afterwards.  And really, the dogs aren't very big.


Those aren't actual scratches, just marks I guess from the blood underneath.  (Or however that works.)  The marks are still there with a few added bruises.  This is what always happens when I'm out playing with the dogs.  More specifically, this is what happens when I'm lying out in the yard with the dogs.  One thing I did learn from this is that Archer thinks he is a lap dog.  That's fine because it's cute.

I pulled up in the driveway one day over the weekend and checked out the azalea.


So far so good.


Wait.  Look at that.


Is that NEW GREEN???  Does this mean the pot is working???  I fixed it???  I just love little victories, assuming this is the plants way of getting better and not just it on its final leg and showing me what could have been.  Cindy told me how hard these things are to grow and she grows everything... except azaleas because she said she always kills them.  I think Mom said azaleas can be difficult.  If this is the plant seriously choosing to stay alive, I can't wait to show and tell.  Me, of all people, keeping another plant alive.  Well, until the next snow comes.

Fortunately, that won't be anytime soon.  Nope, now we're coming right back around to hurricane season.  That sucks.  I think that's the biggest thing I hate about the gulf coast, next to mosquitos and the heat.  Oh well.  I can't sit here and let that get me down because that also means grilling season is back.  We grilled twice in the last three days.  I grilled shrimp on Friday and burgers on Saturday.  Oh, I also finally got around to making the strawberry pie.  I also only had enough strawberries for one pie by the time I got around to doing it though.  No problem, that one pie is kind of awesome.  Also, I saw strawberries on sale yesterday so I got more.  I can't pass up a good deal.  So now I'm back to square one.  What should I do with all the strawberries I picked up yesterday?

Maybe next on my to-do list should be trying my hand at another strawberry plant.  This time I'll leave it in the front yard where Maggie can't eat the berries.  I'll wait and see how the azalea does first.