over the weekend we went to

church in Houston at St. Joseph-St. Stephen.  It was St. Patrick's Day.  It was also the feast day of St. Joseph.  They had an altar set up in the church where people set out food, which started as a Sicilian thing and I think he said this church had a large Sicilian community at one time.  There was also a dish of fava beans out.  The priest explained it all to us a little and then told us to be sure and pick up a fava bean to carry in our pocket for good luck.  He added that if we're not superstitious then pick one up anyway because it wouldn't hurt anything.  Since I fall under the category of mildly superstitious, I made sure I got a fava bean. 


Since it was also St. Patrick's Day, he started talking about how that church might have once been part of a Sicilian community but most of the customs in this country today are because of the Irish.  I had to poke Cosme because you know, 34% and all.

And now I've got to get busy.  I just got back from my walk and putting gas in the car.  I've really got to do some dishes and finish laundry.  I also have tons of wedding crafts to do.  Seriously.  I need to start some dvr or something because nothing will get done if I don't get up from this chair.  Well, stuff will get done but not the stuff I need done.