i walked past the front door

a few days ago and the sunrise looked really pretty coming through the glass.


I just thought I'd share that.

Last year I planted chives.  A few weeks later I posted something about the plant still being alive.  I was so proud and shared a picture.

Look at the chives and don't forget about the rosemary back there.

I was so excited. 

When winter came, I didn't think about covering anything.  oops.


I figured it was really no big deal.  If I killed anything, I'd just replant in the spring... if I felt like it.  To my surprise though, I noticed the chives and rosemary weren't bothered at all by the snow.  While the basil died, those two were fine.

I noticed the chives and rosemary yesterday.


Look at that.



Just look at that.  That stuff is doing better than ever.  The key to chives and rosemary?  Snow.  Well, don't quote me on that because what do I know?  I just got lucky, I guess.  Oh, I guess I could remove the elegant ensemble of grocery bags and tape from the water pipes.  Although, who's going to notice with the fabulous rosemary and big ol' fat chives right there.  Probably nobody.  Maybe I'll take it down anyway and invest in a better look for next year.  Maybe I could also try to find some recipes that involve chives and rosemary.  Sounds like bread might be coming up this week.

Oh, on the allergy front, things are looking good.  Other than a few coughing fits here and there and the occasional sneezing with sniffles, it's all good.  I started Friday off with hot tea and honey.  I stopped by to see Mom and she could tell I was feeling better.  She even offered me a Kcup of decaf tea to try.  Maybe I was feeling too good.  Anyway, I haven't had any elderberry syrup but I did make more tea.  I made Cosme have some over the weekend.  We sat on the couch and sipped tea with honey while we rested.  Maybe I should try tea just for more energy in the mornings.  If it can amp me up that much while I don't feel great, imagine what it could do when I'm functioning at 100%.  On second thought, the world might not be ready for that.

Now I'm off to go and start making up time on everything I didn't get done last week.  Maybe that tea isn't such a bad idea.  I'll give this can of cold caffeine a chance first.