i had to run to

Kroger yesterday morning.  Yes, it was the last day of a sale but wait, it's not what you think.  I wasn't getting potatoes or strawberries.  They had 2 liters of Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry on sale.  I was stocking up for the wedding.  Anyway, we've been collecting boxes to load up decorations per table.  The plan is to make things go smoothly on the day of.  On my way to Kroger, I was thinking how these drinks are starting to pile up in the garage and I really needed a storage system.  I knew I didn't want to buy a bunch of plastic crates.  While they are strong and durable, the price adds up.  It's too bad there aren't cardboard boxes heavy enough to store bottles... DUH.  It finally dawned on me to stop by the liquor store.  I took all the boxes Spec's had. 


The lady told me to check back in a few days for more.  Some of the boxes are a little smaller but they're the perfect size to hold seven 2-liters.  I now have boxes of Dr. Pepper and ginger ale packed and labeled and it's just what my mind needed.  Now when Coke goes on sale, I'll start stocking up on that.

I did notice one thing though, Angleton must have a lot of Maker's Mark drinkers.

After I got the boxes in order, I came in to find a bread recipe to go with leftovers.  I found one on Pinterest for Sour Cream Cheddar and Chive Biscuits.  They seemed similar to the bread at Red Lobster but with chives.  (Hello, big ol' fresh chives from my pot!)  I loaded up a cookie sheet and then put what little extra was left in a cake pan.  I stuck the cookie sheet in and just put the cake pan on the rack underneath.  I was on the phone with Lauren and told her it smelled like something was burning.  I checked the biscuits but it was all good.  The timer went off and I pulled the bread out.  Oh, there's the smell, that little cake pan that must have been too close to the heat. 


The rest were fine.


I was waiting on Cosme and sampled one.  Then another.  They weren't bad but just not what I was expecting.  I guess I was expecting garlic, even though there was absolutely no garlic called for or added.  I definitely tasted the chives.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate them, I just had something different on the brain.  Cosme liked them.  I described them to him as almost like onion biscuits, or... chive biscuits.  The name should've given it away.  To me, they could've used a little more salt (fixed that with a dab of butter) and maybe a little garlic.  I'll be making them again sometime. 

Now that the weather's getting better, I decided to start going back to the park for walks.  I went on Monday... the first day of spring break.  I decided today I'll go earlier, like not right before lunch.  Maybe some of those moms will keep their kids in for breakfast and leave a few more parking spots for walkers. Well, the exterminator is coming today so going around lunch isn't even an option. 

Okay, time to TCB.