i am back and I'm loving

it.  If you're hungry, you might want to look away because today is all about the food.

So like I was saying, that no motivation allergy slump I was in is GONE and yesterday was proof.  I woke up knowing I wanted to make a batch of chocolate peanut clusters in the crock pot.  Leasa made these for the shower and I needed more.  I did a half batch in the small crock pot.


I used THIS recipe I found on Pinterest and it was so easy.  I wore a glove while I was making the clusters and I took the glove off twice and laid it down on the counter.  Here are pictures of my glove both times.



If gloves could talk... nevermind, no words necessary.  Mine was making it loud and clear.

Cranky glove aside, the clusters were done and cooling on parchment paper by 8:30. 


I was going up to the church to help out at 10:30 and I knew I also wanted to bake some more of that french bread I made a couple of weeks ago so I started that dough and left it to rise.

I got home and got the bread ready for the oven.  I have this problem a lot when I make free standing loaves. 


The bread tends to split down one side.  I googled it and some people said that happens when the bread doesn't proof long enough.  Whatever.  Maybe patience isn't one of my strong points when food is involved.

Look at that. 


It was delicious, splits and all.

Speaking of delicious, I finally got around to making a spinach and strawberry salad that was served at Dodo's funeral.


I loved it and knew I needed to make it ASAP.  It was just as good as I remember.  Oh, and don't mind that filet mignon or the roasted garlic potatoes in the background.  They were just along for the ride.  Not to toot my own horn or anything but yeah, dinner was pretty awesome last night.

Now I've got two issues. 

1.  The clusters are almost gone.  I halved the batch and looking at even half, figured we'd get tired of them and move onto other things.  Out of that half batch, I took a bag up to the church.  I guess I could make more or I could move on to strawberry desserts.

2.  Strawberries were on sale and I knew I wanted the salad so I loaded up.  I now have four containers of strawberries.  You know what?  That salad doesn't use very many strawberries.  Now I need to figure out a few things to do with all that I have left.  I was already thinking about scones and a pie but maybe I need to do some research on freezing them.  That might be the best option.  Do I really need a pie and scones all at once?  As much as I'd like it, no, I don't need them all at once.

I just thought of another issue.  How in the world will tonight's dinner match the awesomeness of last night's?  I already know what I'm making but something tells me that roast won't even come close.  While I'm researching the right way to freeze strawberries, I might as well search "how to add pizazz to your pot roast to make it as fabulous as last night's super awesome filet mignon".