i had a plan for the weekend

and that was to TCB.  It happened.  I didn't get to everything on my list but I'm fine because the big ones got done.

First off, we celebrated Eric's and Paige's birthday on Friday.  I don't have any pictures but Eric wanted a Key Lime Pie so I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  I don't have any pictures but it's definitely a keeper.  I guess that's my excuse to make it again.  I need pictures.  I made a cheesecake for Paige, no new recipe there, just the one Dodo always made.  We went out to eat and then came home for dessert.

That kitchen faucet I ordered (and even paid for faster shipping) before Christmas that's been sitting here since around December 24th?  It's not sitting in a box anymore.


The old one came out easier than expected.  Not that it should have been difficult but, I know how things go around here.  There was very little foul language during the installation.  And the uneven holes in the granite that I was worried about?  We were able to adjust the deck plate a little to help.


Oh, there is a soap dispenser taking the place of the old sprayer and there is a bottle of Softsoap right there.  I forgot to pick up a refill jug at the store.

Guess what else was delivered and assembled?  The rocking chair.

The instructions started off a little demanding.  I must?  Really?


But look at me, they probably wanted me to open this packet at the ziploc end too.


Well they showed me.  I had to read the instructions... several times, and then I had to get Cosme to come in and read them too.  I finally got it done.

WARNING: I assembled this thing on my own. SIT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
And look.  That pillow matches the grey too.  I sprayed the chair with Scotch Guard and now it's ready.

Oh, and I did one more thing.  The new faucet inspired me to call someone to come look at the dishwasher.  They're coming today and it ISN'T Sears.  I hope it's not going to be another $400.  I was already burned once.  Anyway, I'm hoping it'll help out with me staying on the right track of cooking instead of picking up.  There's only one way to find out.

I checked off a few other things over the weekend but I'll share that tomorrow.  It wasn't anything big, just little things.  I didn't do laundry so that's what I'm working on now.