i am free and clear and

all things hysterectomy are in the past.  WOOHOO!  Today I'm moving a box that was off limits before.  I thought I'd get it done yesterday but it was a stressful morning for me.  I was a bundle of nerves until she said everything looks good and after situations get me worked up like that, I crash.  I stopped to pick up a few things at Kroger and Whataburger and came home and crashed.  I'm blaming it on my nerves but it was also cold and rainy.  Oh, I bought this shopping bag at Whataburger for $2.15.


The sign said to buy 10 Whatameals and get a free tote or to purchase it separately.  I purchased it separately.  It's bigger than I thought but that's fine.

I shared a recipe link way back in 2008 for The Union Oyster House cornbread.  (And to reminisce, if you go to the restaurant's site and read the history, they have a picture of the Kennedy booth where we ate on our road trip visit.)  I decided to make it on New Year's Day to go with our meal.  I was sure I had shared it here so I went to look it up.  I found it but when I clicked on the link, it wasn't any good.  I guess it expired or something.  Whatever.  I found it somewhere else so I'm posting it again HERE.


That is some seriously good cornbread.  It tastes like cake.  The recipe says to bake it in an 8x10 pan but I don't understand how that's even possible.  I baked it in my 9x13 casserole dish and it almost wasn't big enough.  I think I'll use my cake pan next time.  I call it a 9x13 pan but it's a little bigger.  Either way, that's my favorite cornbread.

Enough talk about cornbread.  I need to make the bed and start laundry and then I'm going to move that box.  Next I'm going to take my new ladder to the front porch and take my garland down.