I didn't watch Little E

yesterday so I ran all my errands.  I hope I didn't forget anything.  You know, Little E just seems like a mouthful, even to type.  I might have to work on that.

So in all my errands I ran yesterday, I made it to West Columbia.  We talked about old candy at Christmas and there's a shop there that has a few things.  Old candy doesn't sound right.  Vintage candy?  Anyway, I only bought one because the shop owner wasn't there and the new old stuff wasn't coming up in the computer.  Here's the one I bought.


I found out it wasn't one we talked about so there's that.  I ended up giving it to Cosme because the last thing I want is coconut candy.  Yuck.  He opened it and I saw that it looked like caramel.  I asked if he was sure it wasn't caramel.  He said it tastes like coconut.  I touched it and it felt like caramel.  I smelled it and yeah, it smelled like coconut.  I left it alone and he finished it.  Next time I'll get the peanut butter stick candy that wouldn't ring up.  Here are a few others they had that I swiped images of off the internet.





Oh, then there's this stuff.

I picked up my Kroger order yesterday and they gave me a few pieces of this candy.  I'd never tried it so we had that last night too.  I asked Cosme if it was good and he said yes.  I realize now I asked the opinion of someone who sat there and ate coconut candy.  I bit into mine and goo oozed all in my mouth.  I sat there holding the goo in a puddle under my tongue because I hated it.  I don't know what I was expecting but not that.  I ended up eating it because I didn't have anything close by to spit it out in.  The shell was fine but don't give me chocolate candy that I assume will be solid and then surprise me with liquid inside.  That's not right.  Cosme got another piece of it in his lunch today.

I also tried a new recipe yesterday, Poor Man's Meal.  Well, it's not really a recipe and it wasn't technically anything new.  We've all had it.  It was from a YouTube video I came across.  A girl was making something that was seen on another video by a lady who cooked meals they made back during the Depression.  (Think Julie and Julia, or whatever the movie is where the blogger goes through Julia Child's cookbook, making everything.)  I'm making this too confusing.  How's this?  After seeing the channel where a lady made meals served during the Depression, a young girl tried her hand at one of those recipes.  Anyway, the recipe called for potatoes, onion, and hot dogs.  I went with sausage instead.


It was really good.  It's basically just cooking potatoes in a pan with onion, like breakfast potatoes, and adding meat.  I'll give you one guess what's for breakfast this morning.  Cosme had his with egg and cheese in a taco with hot sauce.  I think I might just have mine on a plate, maybe with ketchup.  I don't know though.  Wrapped in a tortilla with cheese sounds pretty awesome right now.

Oh well, that sums up my day off.  Now I need to get busy because today isn't a day off.