whoa, things got a little

busy there for a minute.  Monday was busy and I just didn't have time to get on the computer.  I started the day off making a shepherd's pie and needed to fill out certificates for the church.  Making Tuesday's dinner at 7:00 Monday morning wasn't necessary but I knew I wouldn't have time to cook on Tuesday and wanted something we could easily reheat when we got home.  (It all worked out because I was so tired by the end of Monday we had Tuesday's dinner that night too.)  Cosme's dad needed a ride to MD Anderson Tuesday so I took them and waited at Eric's while they met with his doctors.  His first appointment was at 10:30 and Eric asked if I'd pick up McDonalds when I came over.  Well, we got to the hospital a little earlier than expected.  I dropped them off at 9:40.  It was just about to turn 10:00 when I got to Eric's neighborhood.  I went ahead and stopped at PetSmart for cat food.  (Then learned that it's $8 cheaper at Tractor Supply so decided I'd wait to get it when I got back to Angleton.)  I drove over to McDonalds and decided I'd go in to order.  Not sure if they served lunch at 10:00 or 10:30, I hoped that if they knew I wanted to order lunch and I was only a little early, they'd bend the rules.  I asked what time lunch was served.  10:30.  I told the cashier I'd just stand there until it's time, a whole 30 minutes.  I waited.  About 15 minutes later a manager said she'd noticed I'd been standing there and asked if I needed help.  I told her I was just waiting for lunch to be served.  She asked if they told me they couldn't do it and I explained.  She rolled her eyes at the cashier and told me to just ask for a manager next time.  She took my order and referred to me as "my lady" the whole time.  I felt fancy and I liked that.  The odd thing is, that's not the first time I've been out where the workers have called me that.  Anyway, I got our food and left.  Back at the apartment I realized they gave me an extra apple pie.  That's what I'm having for breakfast... because that's what fancy people do.

I was dreading the drive from The Heights to the Medical Center and then from the Medical Center down 288.  I picked them up around 4:30 and traffic really wasn't that bad.  Well, it was bad but not as bad as I predicted.

Rewinding and totally out of order, I was at Kroger on Friday.  They had pork shoulder roasts on sale for a good price, 88 cents a pound.  I wanted to get one but they were so big and I didn't know if we could eat that much pork roast.  I mean I would normally make pulled pork but did we really want bbq after 2 weeks of it?  No.  I didn't know what else to make with it so I started to walk away then one of the meat counter workers asked me if I got a roast.  I explained to her why I didn't get one.  She told me she used one for carnitas.  She said it was a crock pot version that was finished off under the broiler for crispiness.  I asked her for the recipe and she sent it to me.  Then I picked a roast and they cut it in half so I could store the rest in the freezer.  I used this recipe HERE.  I took her advice and added more lime to the crockpot and only used plain chili powder since I don't like the heat.  It was really good.  We didn't use the tortillas I bought but instead ate it with rice and black beans, like something we'd had in Puerto Rico.  We still have a little in the refrigerator so we might even have that for dinner... since I left the shepherd's pie out last night.  WHY DO I DO THAT??? I COULD KICK MYSELF!  I've got to learn to just put it up as soon as I'm done, even though Cosme wanted to hurry and pick back up on our Vikings marathon.

About that... I started to watch Vikings a year or so ago.  It was a slow start and I just couldn't get into it.  I stopped.  I started back up a few weeks ago and then I couldn't stop.  I got halfway through season 3 and told Cosme he NEEDED to watch it with me.  I started over from the beginning.  It was still a slow start but once it gets going, it's really good.  So if you want a good show (that's about to start its sixth season), watch Vikings.  It's on the History Channel but we're catching up on Amazon.

I've got to go get stuff done now.  I need to do the laundry I didn't do yesterday and make another dessert.  I think I might spend a little time drawing today too.  I'll start on all that after I dump out the ruined shepherd's pie.  That bothers me.  Shepherd's pie is one of those things I really like but never think to make.  Oh well, at least this time we'd gotten several servings out of it... but we could've had several more.