i forgot to share something

yesterday.  I tried a pancake recipe I found on Pinterest over the weekend.  It's HERE and it's Cracker Barrel Pancakes.  It makes a lot.  I should've used this recipe all the years this house was filled with teenage boys.  I always bought the little packets because they were cheap and easy and sometimes there was even enough left for me to have breakfast too.  I tried this recipe and the first one ended up in the garbage (the griddle was too hot) and then we each had two (I think) and this was everything that was left over.


I'll definitely make these again because 1) they're good and 2) breakfast for days (hello, freezer).  I even warmed up the maple syrup from the refrigerator instead of using the regular stuff from the pantry.  I think I might need to do that more often.

I could've gone about my day and not shared the recipe but this blog really comes in handy when it comes to new recipes.  I share them here mainly so I can come back and find them and remember what I thought about them or any changes I wanted to make.

I went for my walk yesterday and when I came home, the dogs were watching through their peep hole. I decided to get my daily photo.  (And yes, I already had my camera on me.)

Archer's turn to look.


He seemed excited enough.

The rest of the day went on as normal, clouding up a little here and there and then, all of a sudden, I took another daily photo.  I thought about saving it for a day when I didn't take one but then that wouldn't be playing by the rules.  I made the decision at that time that more than one picture will be okay.

Rain.


It was awesome.  Also, I didn't have to water the yard this morning.  Other than saving on water, it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal.  This was one of those mornings where I woke up without an alarm and had tons of energy.  It's 7:00 and I've already made the bed, started laundry, made breakfast (bacon, eggs, and blueberry muffins from a packet), picked up in the bathroom, washed dishes, straightened the living room, and done this post.  So yeah, I'll probably crash by noon.  Either that or tomorrow I'll be drained with no motivation.  Whatever, I'm taking advantage of it today… right after I have another muffin.  TCB