we go through phases

around here, normally when it's hot out, where we drink a whole lot of iced tea.  We're in the middle of that phase right now.  I use a 3 quart Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker and during these phases I keep two pitchers of tea in the refrigerator.  When the second starts running low, I refill both.  I've been having issues with the machine lately.  It's been leaking.


It's just not worth it anymore.  I've already ruined one dish towel and now that one towel isn't enough to clean up the mess.  I threw the Mr. Coffee in the trash yesterday.  This morning I did it old school, on the stove.  This is my first time so we'll see how it turns out.  Maybe I'll like it better and not replace the Mr. Coffee… which doesn't have great reviews.  I did look it up online yesterday but the leaking seems to be a problem.  Maybe I'll wait for a better model or maybe I'll find a different model.  I never had that problem with my old round one, only this last square one.

I went to help at the church yesterday.  While I was there, it started pouring.  It was bad.  Lightning flashed and all the power went out.  We couldn't stop what we were doing and we were right in the middle of it all.  We finished our stuff by candlelight, flashlight and cell phone calculators.  It was crazy.  It took us longer since we were having to go so slow.  (It's amazing how much faster you can get stuff done with the lights on.)  When it was all done, I was ready to chill.  That's when I got my daily photo.


Then I saw another photo op.


They're REALLY grainy because my ISO was really high.  I don't care though.  The darker downtime was nice.  I know there's a chance of rain today but I'm hoping it'll lay off.  After yesterday, we're good for a few days.

I need to do some research now.  I think I have blueberries in the freezer and if so, I'm going to figure out how to make a blueberry compote type of thing.  I want to make a Dutch butter cake which is really like a big shortbread cookie.  I think it'd be nice if I made some type of topping for it.  Since I think I have blueberries that need to be used, that might be perfect.  Also, blueberries are on sale so if it works, I'll buy and freeze more for another batch later on.