i came this close to

calling and canceling Trugreen yesterday.  Our yard doesn't look good this year.  It could look a lot worse but it doesn't look good.  It doesn't look like we've been paying a company to treat it.

Look at all the junk growing in our yard.


I've been watering this morning. I've also been walking around tearing off the strands of crab grass that drop all those little seedlings for us to have even more crab grass next year.  It's annoying.

We could just do the lawn on our own like we used to.  Then again, it does look better with Trugreen than it ever did with me doing it.  Besides, did Maggie eat the spreader?  I don't remember.  She ate a lot of our lawn stuff.

Oh well, I'll keep on doing my best.  At least the gardenias are blooming and I get to smell them every time I go out to mess with the sprinkler.

Thinking about all of this is leading me to think about other things, like when I was up at City Hall to pay the water bill and they can't explain to me why our bill spiked so high last month but was back to normal this month.  They told me to check for leaky toilets.  I told them I'm sure a leaky toilet didn't fix itself.  Also, everyone in the neighborhood had the same complaint.  They told me to check the meter reading... STOP.  NOT MY JOB.  While I'm thinking about everybody not holding up to their end of the deal, it leaves me thinking about TxDOT and their inability to maintain their weeds behind our fence.  I think I'll give them a call today.  I shouldn't have to pay someone to get back there and clean out property that isn't mine and if they give me permission to do it, again, NOT MY JOB.

Oh boy, this post sent me on a downward spiral fast.  Well, it sent my mood on a downward spiral but not so much the blood pressure.

Changing the subject.

Update on Vikings: we started season 4 last night.  I can't believe it took us so long to start this series.

Okay, that didn't work.  I need to get stuff done before I get dressed and go throwing fits all over town.  Let's hope some of the chores keep me distracted.  Nobody needs to deal with that today... especially not me.