I think I figured

out how the pictures work. I still don’t like this. I like typing on an actual keyboard. Whatever. I’ll deal with this for right now.

We had a little drama over the weekend.

I heard Archer barking. Thinking he wanted an a/c break in the cage, I opened the door to let them in. He came in, put his head down and gave me the look... the look that he’s reminding me that he’s a good dog and he doesn’t have anything to do with any of Maggie’s shenanigans. I called for Maggie. She didn’t come. Where could she have gone?

Oh.


,

Great. Eric and Paige were supposed to be there any minute so we could do Cosme’s birthday lunch.  Cosme was making a quick run to Walmart so it was just me. I took off on foot calling Maggie. She never came. I saw Eric and Paige pull in at the house and called them to come get me. They picked me up down the street and we took the usual walking route, the route I know the dogs have disappeared to before. Still no Maggie. We came back to the house. Cosme was now behind the fence calling for Maggie while Eric and I were in the backyard... where I almost stepped on a dead possum. I screamed. I told Cosme to come on back and right after Eric and I had come back in, Maggie came running back through the hole. The dead baby possum tells me there must be a nest or den of them back there that she found. 

We went around behind the fence to replace the boards but TxDOT doesn’t like to keep up with their right-of-way behind our house. 


I told Cosme we weren’t going to risk getting into poison ivy because I know there’s some in there. 

I took pictures and am trying to find a good way to email them to the state... without a computer.  Until that gets cleared out for us to access our fence, we rigged it from the inside. Now we wait for TxDOT to TCB so we can TCB.  I’ll also get out there this week and start hanging chicken wire down low. We definitely aren’t planning to win any Yard of the Month contests.  

I’m ending this now because while I am able to post, doing it from my iPad really sucks.