i just put up a

blog post from my website.  It's nothing amazing, just a few scenes from Texas.  The more I looked at it, the more I thought about the scene from Goodfellas where the helicopter is following Ray Liotta.  I guess it also doesn't help that Cosme has been watching the US Open everyday and one commercial plays every break with this song.


Anyway, here's the link to my post.

I really want to get out and get more but I don't really know which roads are open and all that.  Also, we know how I freak out around water and that has me a little terrified to get out and see it, especially alone and not knowing what I might stumble upon.  Yikes.  I was supposed to have gone on a Capture Crawl with Houston Center for Photography on August 27 but that was canceled because of flooding.  It would've been awesome too.  It was a Theater District Open House in Houston.  I was really excited about it and then flooding happened.  Figures.  I guess now I'm trying to find ways to fill that void.

Oh, Cosme's drive to work yesterday morning sucked but not nearly as bad as his drive home, where he went a few blocks in a matter of minutes... 40 minutes to be exact.  He left for work earlier today.  It sure will be nice when everything clears up and the entire city isn't limited to a few roads.  Okay, so maybe "a few" roads is an exaggeration but it sure doesn't seem like it when you're driving on them and trying to get around.  I'm so happy I need to make a trip up there tomorrow.

For now though, I'll worry about breakfast.