I don't have any pictures

to share today.  Most of the time my pics come from my phone and believe it or not but I haven't even done my photo challenge since... I don't know, sometime last week?  I did it one day thinking I was ready to jump back in after taking a break for a few days but apparently I thought wrong.  I just haven't been feeling it.  It's not that I'm bored with it, I just don't want to do it.  It's not the people because most of the strangers I deal with on Instagram are nicer and more pleasant than some of the real life people I know on Facebook.  Speaking of Facebook, I guess I haven't been on there as much either.  Lauren and I were talking about an outfit for the wedding.  She mentioned that she didn't like her arms to show.  I said that I don't either and I also don't like my legs to show.  I added that most of the time I don't even want my face to show and prefer to just stay tucked away in the house.  I guess now I don't even want my thoughts to show.  Okay, this might be sounding like an actual issue now - and it's not.  And I'm not in denial.

One of the reasons I like to stay home is to keep an eye out on things.  Yesterday I left for the store and noticed there were a few policemen in the neighborhood.  One driving through the neighborhood isn't a problem.  After I saw that one, I noticed two parked on their motorcycles and then another coming through the back entrance.  Something was definitely up.  I found out a little later that a man broke into a house in the back of the neighborhood.  The woman was home and in her bedroom feeding her 5-week-old baby.  She heard a noise and then saw the man and his car in her driveway.  She then heard glass shatter.  The man broke her backdoor with one of her landscaping rocks.  She ran out the door with her baby and keys and started to back out but his car was blocking her in.  He banged on her car window and she ended up hitting his car in the process of getting away.  I don't want to sound trigger happy or that I just want to shoot someone (even if I did, I wouldn't admit it online in a public blog) but I sure wish she would have shot him.  I have no idea if this family owns guns or not.  I don't know them.  I do know that I love a story with a happy ending where the good guy shoots the bad guy.  Maybe that's the beginning of a different issue but when I hear a story about a good guy getting the bad guy, it honestly puts a smile on my face.  I wouldn't say it makes my heart happy (at least not online in a public blog), but the warm and tinglies are definitely there.  I should also add that it's times like this that I appreciate a barking dog. 

Now, what's for breakfast?  Maybe some food will inspire me to get back to that photo challenge.  I doubt it but maybe.  I guess this trigger happy hermit will go find out.