yesterday was my birthday

and we did things my way.  We had cake


and then we had dinner. 

This morning I started off my first full day of 45 with Icy Hot because I slept wrong.  On the bright side, I also started off my day with cake.

I took it easy yesterday morning.  After Cosme left for work I made myself breakfast and sat in bed and ate while catching up on dvr.  I had put a clapper on the lamp on his nightstand a while back because it made it easier.  (Although, it doesn't scare him near as much when he's sleeping and I tap him to turn off his lamp versus when he's sleeping and I do two loud claps.)  Anyway, I was sitting there watching tv and his lamp clicked off.  A few minutes later I pressed pause on the tv and was playing Gin Rummy on my iPad.  The lamp clicked on.  A little later it clicked off.  A little later it clicked on.  I asked if someone was trying to tell me Happy Birthday.  A few minutes later it clicked off for the last time.  I took that as a yes.

I saw this book the other day and took a picture of it, thinking I'd research it and see if it's something Eric needs.  I'm sure he doesn't want any recipes but is it like an etiquette AND cooking guide for guys?  I'll research.  (Research would also include finding a cheaper copy.)


UPDATE: I just researched it.  While Amazon does have it listed for $21 (but not with Prime), it's probably not something he needs.

I also saw this at the same store.  I guess it just goes on a shelf?  It's some kind of decor.


This is it from a different angle.


I didn't bother looking at the tag for the price.  I knew I wouldn't buy it.  I looked at the tag to make sure I read the description right.


Yes.  It is, in fact, "Rings on Wood".  There you go.  Without bothering to flip the tag over for a price check, I'm sure it wasn't cheap.  First of all, it's Rings on Wood in a department store.  Second, this store wants $32 for a book on a southern gentleman's kitchen.  No thanks, I'll pass.  I'm sure it would make a great space filler on a bookcase somewhere but I just don't need it.  Now had it been Squares on Wood... I would've had a hard time walking away. 

I need to sign off now so I can get the garbage out, right after I read up on when my next dose of Icy Hot can be applied.