i've been slacking the

last few days and I'm blaming it on Thursday morning.  It was Cosme's morning to take breakfast to work so I woke up at 3:30 and made about 30 breakfast sandwiches.


I don't want to see a breakfast sandwich for a while.  The rest of Thursday was business as usual and no nap.  I didn't go to bed early as I had planned/hoped and Friday was another day of TCB.  For those reasons, the blog was neglected.  Then to make everything even worse, I've had sinus drainage since Saturday and just haven't felt awesome.  I'm getting really sick of sinus and allergy stuff. 

On Thursday, in the middle of whatever I was doing, I decided to sit and take a break.  I thought I was going to pass out.  It was cool inside and I was just sitting in the quietness on the couch.  I decided that maybe if I got outside in the sunshine I might wake up a little.  I went out on the back porch and grabbed a chair and plopped it down in the middle of the yard.  Guess what.  The sun does not wake you up.

The dogs and I enjoyed lounging for a bit.

"Isn't this awesome?  Just resting in the sun?"-Archer

"Okay, I've had enough.  Y'all can stay there while I move to the shade."-Archer, 5 minutes later

The sun hid behind a cloud and it got a little less bright and that brought Archer back over to the chair.  Maggie decided that Archer and I both needed a good licking.


"Okay, I've licked you now it's your turn to scratch my belly."

It didn't take long for me to realize that if I sat out there much longer I'd pass out just as easily as I would have passed out inside.  I went back inside.

The dogs acquired what I can only think was once a purple ball.  I'm guessing one of the neighbors accidentally hit it over the fence.


Rest in peace, purple ball.  It probably only lasted a matter of minutes once it cleared the fence, assuming that's how it got here.

I started to go on morning walks last week when the cool weather came back, back when it felt like fall.  Maybe that's why I've got all the sinus issues going on.  I walked on Wednesday and Friday and was going to pick back up today with a Monday, Wednesday, Friday routine.  The air outside is so thick I'm dreading it today.  Summer is back.  Maybe I should just stay inside.  Although, there's a small chance of rain everyday this week so I think I'll just man up and go for the walk.  Besides, I told myself the other day I wasn't allowed to go for a pedicure unless I stuck with my plan.  Screw it.  I'm getting my clothes on and going for a walk.  What is it "they" say about starting now and maybe wishing you'd started when you thought about it?  I don't know.  I know there's some kind of phrase or something.  I could be way off but I'm pretty sure there's something along those lines that's supposed to make you want to get up now.  I do know the phrase "why start today what you can put off until tomorrow" (imagine that) but that's not the one I'm looking for.

I'm going for my walk now because I really need that pedicure.