i've got a lot to do

today.  I for sure need to clean the cat/craft room.  I've been meaning to do that since before Harvey hit.  I just have to tackle it and get it over with.  ugh.  I don't feel like it. 

I'm tired.  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday.  I had shrimp cleaned and marinating early, then I made taco meat for today, then I prepped the shrimp for the grill, then I made sweeties, then I started dinner... All this involved a couple of loads in the dishwasher and I still need to empty that.  Speaking of grits, I added the usual to our grits last night but also added diced chilis.  We liked it and I'll definitely do it again, if not every time.  I'd planned to make an egg this morning and have that with leftover grits but when the alarm went off, I put jeans on and went to Shipley.  I'm too tired to even fry an egg.

Instead of doing the usual pink sweeties with white icing, I colored them since Halloween is right around the corner.


Purple and green.  They remind me of The Joker.


 I guess one of the other things I need to do today is find my closet.


 I know it's around here somewhere.



I have a bad habit of taking off my shoes and just walking away, even if it's as I finished washing dishes.  Done with the dishes, done with these shoes, I'm just done.  I couldn't find a pair of shoes a couple of days ago because I couldn't remember what I was doing the last time I wore them.  Then I remembered I had been watching tv.  There they were, in front of the couch.  And just an update, right now that pair of blue flip flops is at the island, where I was standing when I finished eating my breakfast.  Done with breakfast, done with shoes, walk away.

I've really got to get busy.  The sun will be up before I know it and then I'll feel like the whole day is slipping away.

1, 2, 3, GO.