let's talk a little about

Lent. The meatless Fridays aren't always easy for a picky eater like me. Want something fast? A filet o' fish is out of the question because I don't like fish. For me, it's either shrimp or cheese enchiladas. Yeah, I can get shrimp at Popeye's drive-thru, but I'm not always in the mood for fried shrimp. Another thing, I don't always want to eat out. I've come across two things I have to share. 

First, for a fast and easy meal at home, I found these frozen shrimp at HEB. 

Put them on a tray in the oven with tator tots and bam. It's easier than driving anywhere. Yes, they're breaded and practically fried, but it was fast and easy. Oh, cheap too. 

The second is a video from a channel I recently started following on YouTube. It's a recipe for Mexican Shrimp. Cosme asked me to please make it again. I definitely will. 

I didn't know if I would like it (onions, tomatoes, jalapeƱos), BUT I DID. It was easy and different from other shrimp recipes I have in my box. The only thing I did differently from the video was to add my tomatoes to the pan before the shrimp. Since I don't like raw tomatoes, I thought a little more cook time would help.  Oh, I also used ½ tsp of each of the seasonings because it was what I had in my hand. For the rice, I did as she said and seasoned the rice the way I normally would, minus tomatoes. We ate it all.  I don't know how to share the video without my computer, but THIS is a link to it. 

And now, I'm off to TCB. It's going to be a busy week and this is my day to get things done. The bad thing is, allergies. Boy, are they hitting hard right now. I'm sticking to drops instead of Benadryl but if I didn't need to TCB, I'd totally take one and pass out right now.