i didn't take the Christmas

lights down from the trees in the front yard after Christmas 2018. Well, I didn't take all of the lights down. I still wasn't cleared for normal activities after my surgery,  so any lights that required a ladder to reach were left behind. When Christmas 2019 came to an end, I hauled the ladder out to take everything down. I didn't think the tree would grow that much in a year.

I cut the lights off, except for those stuck in the tree. Oh well, I thought I'd share since I just found that pic. 

I'm trying a new brisket recipe. It calls for curing salt. I figured any of the three grocery stores would have it. I checked the apps to order some. Nope. You know who does have it?

The sporting goods store. I'm still trying to figure that one out. 

Speaking of new recipes, I found one HERE for waffles. 

It's a keeper. And I didn't even have to go to Academy for any ingredients. 

When we got back from Academy with the curing salt, I put tots, fries, and shrimp in the oven while I prepped the brisket. The brisket went into the fridge and lunch came out of the oven. The baby wanted to stay outside so we made a picnic of it. 

I sure wish we had more weather like this. It's so nice out there. Maybe we can do it again tomorrow, but with a delicious brisket.