i finally did

it. My awesome headphones are being retired and I ordered a new set. They've seen better days...

much better days. I hate to retire them because they still work really well. Notice too, I say retire and not throw them out. What if my new ones come and they're awful? What if they don't last and I need backup ASAP? There's no way I can throw these out. 

The new ones had good reviews on Amazon, but they were a lot cheaper. 

That has me wondering if maybe the new ones actually are really good, compared to even cheaper ones. Mine weren't cheap and they were a gift from Cosme and Eric. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not about to splurge on headphones. Camera stuff? With some convincing. Anything else? Don't count on it. I'm cheap. I guess that's another reason I can't throw out good headphones. So what if they're falling apart and being held together with tape? They sound awesome. If I lie on my left side so the pillow can keep them against my ear, it's like they're brand new. 

We'll see. The new ones will be here tomorrow. At that time, my old ones will be put away for safekeeping, right next to the flip phones that might come in handy one day.